Missed Period and Negative Pregnancy Test and White Discharge
Missed Period and Negative Pregnancy Test and White Discharge
You know when it should be that time of the month, but it still isn’t. Being late on periods is a pretty common occurrence for most girls out there.
But it still somehow causes a skipped heartbeat. While some may take it in a positive manner, others do not.
Nevertheless, when you miss your period and have white lotion like discharge, it’s normal for you to think of yourself as pregnant. However,if the pregnancy test shows negative, you are bound to get confused.
Especially, those who are actively trying to conceive a baby. A missed period may give them the hope which a negative test result may shatter.
To help you out, below we are going to talk about missed period and negative pregnancy test and white discharge.
Female Reproductive System
Now, before we can understand the whole complicated subject of negative pregnancy results, we have to cover how a female body and the reproductive system works.
Menstrual cycle basically includes things we already know about our time of the month.For example; the longevity, intervals, and the flow of your period. Many women experience this cycle over 28 days which is optimum.
However, for most, this varies. It ranges from 21-35 days meaning a week before and after the 28 days mark. Some women may even have irregular periods.
The cycles as we know it are all the ups, downs, and the shifts your body experiences when it readies itself to get pregnant. That’s because it is one of the main activities of the reproductive organs.
Every single month, a woman’s uterus tends to grow a lining.But it is also the time when women are not fertile. During periods, the uterus lining sheds which causes the bleeding we deal ever so often.
However, when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, the lining of the uterus does not shed. Rather; the newly fertilized egg latches itself to the lining and stays there for the duration of the pregnancy.
There are some women out there who experience symptoms that are very much like pregnancy but suffer from lack of information about it.
No worries, below we are going to talk about pregnancy-related stuff.
Now for each woman, pregnancy is a different experience. Sometimes, determining whether you are pregnant can be really tricky. It is possible for you to miss the period and still get negative results on pregnancy tests.
There are several reasons why this might happen.
The test kit identifies whether you are pregnant or not based on your hCG. It is a hormone created when a woman’s egg has fertilized.
It may take from 6 to 12 days for the implantation of the embryo to the endometrial wall of the uterus.Only then, you are 100% sure about your pregnancy.
However, within these 6 to 12 days, you might begin to go through a few symptoms which may lead you to believe that you are pregnant. The symptoms may include fatigue, mood swing, dizziness, and spotting.
Check out best pregnancy test available on the Amazon:
- First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test with EasyRead App is oer 99% accurate from the day of your expected period.
- The first pregnancy test brand to tell you 6 DAYS SOONER than your missed period*
- Scan & Confirm results for free with EasyRead app. EasyRead instantly converts your pregnancy test lines into the words "Pregnant" or "Not Pregnant”.
- First Response Pregnancy Tests detects all forms of the pregnancy hormone*
- Read your result in just 3 minutes
- Accurate with Extra Confirmation
- 4 Results - Great Value
- The Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test provides unmistakably clear results in words – ‘Pregnant' or ‘Not Pregnant'
- The Clearblue Rapid Detection Pregnancy Test is easy-to-use with clear positive (+) or negative (-) results
- So sensitive you can test up to 5 days before your missed period(1)
Possible Reasons of Negative Results
Upon an early test, the results may not show what the real situation is. A single line on the pregnancy test kit can occur simply because the test was done too early into the pregnancy or the hCG levels may not have been high enough for the kit to detect the fertilized egg.
In a circumstance such as this, you should wait for a couple of days before taking the test again. That is if you still feel like you’re pregnant. If the test still shows a negative, then you should most definitely go to a doctor and get checked.
What a pregnancy test kit can’t detect can easily be identified by the help of a blood test. It will help you to find out the hCG levels in your body. Or better yet, an ultra sound test can be done, and you’ll finally get the confirmation if you’re pregnant or not.
Let’s talk about another reason why you might get a negative on your test even when you’re pregnant. And that my love could be because of a faulty test kit. This is actually not all that uncommon. The kit itself comes with a warning of being anywhere between 91 to 98 percent accuracy rate.
Now that it’s all said and done, don’t forget to buy more than one test kit. You never know when you get a bad one out of the lot.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
This is also very commonly known as PCOS which is basically an irregularity and imbalance of the hormone level in a woman’s body.
Women who suffer from this tend to have higher than normal male hormones in their body, which is the reason they may miss their periods. In many cases, it is harder for these women to get pregnant.
PCOS is an issue women in their childbearing age have to go through.That means women aged from 12 to 46 may suffer from this problem. There are numerous effects of this on a female body. For example, women experiencing PCOS may see significant weight gain, fatigue,hair growth on the face, and baldness.
And as if all of that wasn’t enough, it becomes extremely difficult to lose any weight.
Now, there are many women in the world who suffer from this problem. About 70% of PCOS patients have never been diagnosed. They have been going through life without knowing that their bodies are experiencing something out of the normal.
No cure has surfaced as of yet, and there is also no solid study which indicates its cause. Some say that the principal reason must be genetics, and the likelihood of a daughter having PCOS is higher if the mother has it.But as I said before, there is little evidence regarding this.
What to do?
If missed period and negative pregnancy test and white discharge, then there’s a very good chance that you have PCOS.
Even though the disease can never be cured, you can always keep it in check by taking proper care of your body. And by proper, care I mean you should eat healthy and avoid oily foods as much as possible. I know how tempting oily foods are but avoid it, please.
In addition, if you are able to work out regularly, then it may become possible for you to bypass the complications of PCOS.
However, it would be best to consult a doctor before starting a DIY treatment. Keep in mind that when it comes to our body, we should always listen to the doctors.
Just like periods, every woman has to go through menopause as well.It is basically when your reproductive system decides to go into retirement.
Usually, most women go through menopause when they are in their fifties, but for some, it may start from their forties as well. And that’s when women may mistake their missed period and the thick white discharge as an indication of their pregnancy. But a quick test will tell them otherwise.
So, when I said the reproductive system goes into retirement, I meant that the women can no longer bear a child.That also means that they won’t have any more periods.
But sadly, no periods doesn’t necessarily mean that there won’t be any cramps. Besides, there is added annoyance of dryness, a lower sex drive, and mood swings.
Like there wasn’t enough of that already.
Check out best Menopause Supplements available on the Amazon:
- Feel like you again. Powerful, cruelty-free support for body and mind. A combination of high-potency vitamins, minerals, and natural ingredients formulated to help alleviate symptoms of menopause.
- Relief from symptoms. Every experience is unique, so this formula is scientifically blended to alleviate a whole spectrum of changes. Supports overall wellness for women in the menopausal age range.
- Cool hot flashes. Contains cooling herbs, and minerals including St John’s wort, soy isoflavones zinc, folic acid, and chasteberry. Includes a high strength daily dose of vitamins, B, C, D and, E.
- Sleep right through. Black cohosh encourages regular sleep patterns and helps manage night sweats. Formulated with natural ingredients to avoid that groggy feeling in the morning.
- Avoid weight gain. Packed with potent antioxidants to balance hormones and regulate energy levels. Helps overcome cravings and the urge to eat too much. Feel full faster, and satisfied for longer.
- HELPS MANAGE MOOD, MEMORY, AND STRESS. * Menopause can come with all sorts of symptoms – daily stress, irritability, menopausal anxiety – not to mention the hot flashes and night sweats! Estrogen Stress Plus Mood & Memory can help!
- SAFE MULTI-SYMPTOM RELIEF: hot flashes, night sweats, daily stress, manage mood, manage memory. *
- SAFE AND EFFECTIVE dietary supplement that is both drug free and estrogen free. **
- CONTAINS NATURALLY-SOURCED BLACK COHOSH, plus clinically proven Soy Is flavones, to help reduce the frequency and severity of hot flashes and night sweats. *
- INCLUDES NATURALLY-SOURCED MAGNOLIA BARK to help manage daily stress, irritability, and menopausal anxiety. *
Remember, your body is your temple. It is extremely important for you to take care of it. You have to actively make decisions that will benefit you. That’s because no one is going to take the decisions for you.
The first step you should take when you miss your period is taking a test. And in the event of a negative result, you need to consult your doctor. Like I said before, we can’t do everything all at once.
If you see that you are pregnant, then that’s great news.But if you do get diagnosed with PCOS, you shouldn’t be afraid. Your doctor will give you the direction and steps you need to take to maintain your health. Hope you learn perfectly missed period and negative pregnancy test and white discharge.
Bottom line is; know your body inside out, be relaxed, and you will be fine. Read here how to induce lactation.
Last update on 2021-04-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API