The 9 Best Binoculars for Kids 2020
Advice on binoculars for kids including details features & reviews helping you find the best kids binoculars. This guide will help you find the right pair.
Children love nature adventures, and they will always want to learn and see new things. If you want to bring them up to be the best birders, then purchasing them the right fun discovery tools is great. I know you do not want your child to mess up with your quality pair of binocular.
You can buy them the best child binocular so you will not feel any pain when they play with it or even drop it. I want to help you pick the best optics that will put a smile on your baby’s face every time they go outdoors for bird watching and other activities.
Kids Binocular Comparison:
My #1 Recommendation
My number one recommendation kid’s binocular is the Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Binoculars. The main reason why I picked this binocular because of its outstanding features that lack in other ordinary binoculars. Fisher is also a widely recognized brand when it comes to all types of kids accessories. I like the fact the binocular has a built-in manual focus that allows young viewers to see distant objects.
Top 9 Best Binoculars for Kids
- Top 9 Best Binoculars for Kids
- 1. Fisher-Price Kid-Tough childrens binoculars
- 2. Bushnell Falcon 133410 Binoculars with Case
- 3. Kidwinz Shock Proof 8×21 Baby Binoculars Set
- 4. Cobiz 10×25 Children’s binoculars
- 5. Luwint 8 X 21 Child Binoculars for Bird Watching
- 6. Outnowtech Ultra Compact Folding child binoculars
- 7. Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars
- 8. Attcl® Beetle Mini Tough Children Binoculars
- 9. BlueCabi 6x21mm Children Binoculars by Bresser
- How to Select Kids Best Binoculars
- Types Of Binoculars
- Final Verdicts
With the vast children’s binoculars available, it can be pretty hard to pick the right one for your kid. No more worries because I have given you top recommendations so that you can evaluate the best. All these kid binoculars are easy to use, affordable and work well.
1. Fisher-Price Kid-Tough childrens binoculars
The binocular has a nice design that allows kids to take it everywhere while hanging on their neck, thanks to the removable neck strap.
The quality optics has a nice magnification and this gives kids a clear view with up to 2.4x magnification. This makes them to have a better view of the world surrounding them.
- Textured to provide kids with a better grip.
- It can support 4x magnification.
- Features a clear focus knob for a clear vision.
- Comfortable and adjustable eyepiece spacing.
- Breakaway neck strap.
- Has rubberized lens guard bumpers.
2. Bushnell Falcon 133410 Binoculars with Case
If you love bird watching, you can engage your kids too by buying them the best kids binoculars. With the right optics, your kids will enjoy a great experience outdoors, and they end up learning more. I know you do not want to invest heavily buying the best children binocular, the Bushnell Falcon 133410 is an affordable model that your child can carry anywhere. The binocular is great and perfect for sporting events and sighting outings.
- It has a Porro prism system that gives the user a wide field of view. Your child can enjoy crisp, sharp and very bright images with its 7x magnification power.
- The binocular is equipped with 35mm fully coated objective lens that produces superior light transmission. Additionally, it has a good resolution and reduces blur.
- Features an InstaFocus system hence giving viewers a quick focus on moving objects.
- Non-slip rubber grip pads provide secure holding regardless of the weather condition.
3. Kidwinz Shock Proof 8×21 Baby Binoculars Set
If your child loves outdoors, the best gift you can give them on their birthday is a binocular. The Kidwinz Shock Proof 8×21 child Binoculars is a great pick because it works well for bird watching, hunting, and hiking. The binocular is colorful and suits both boys and girls.
- It comes with rubber surrounded eye protection which protects kids from hurting their eyes.
- The magnification of the binocular is awesome with up to 8x magnification with a better view.
- A compact binocular best for boys and girls and provides very sharp and clear images.
- The binocular is shockproof making it durable. It can withstand drops and falls because its rubber coating absorbs shock.
- Focusing is easy so kids can fold it to match eye to eye distance.
- Comes with accessories such as long neck strap, cleaning cloth, carrying case and operation manual.
4. Cobiz 10×25 Children’s binoculars
Engaging your kids in things that add value in your life is very important. For most outdoor activities, having a clear vision is crucial and this is why a binocular is important. Of course, you do not want kids to mess up with your high-quality optics. Therefore, it is only great if you buy them the best binocular for star gazing, hiking, bird watching, boat rides and much more. The Cobiz 10×25 Binocular is perfect for all those and much more.
- Provides 10x magnification for quality and clear images.
- Has an objective lens diameter of 25mm and a range of 380 feet at 100 yards.
- The binocular features an ergonomic design to provide little users with ease of use and comfort.
- Features Porro prism construction and Bak-7 prism material that provides clear vision even in low light situations.
- The binocular is compact and foldable, and it is fully adjustable for accurate focusing.
- It can be used for a wide range of outdoor activities.
5. Luwint 8 X 21 Child Binoculars for Bird Watching
I believe that the joy of every parent is seeing their kids happy. When you are taking them to watch wildlife, birds, scenery or game, equipping them with a quality kid’s binocular enhances their experience. Kids can see every single aspect about their target object as compared to watching with naked eyes. With the Luwint, you are sure that they will have the best vision all the times. The features of this quality and affordable binocular include:
- The binocular suits all types of activities. Whether you want it for golf, camping, concert, bird watching and other outdoor activities, it will give the best vision.
- It is compact and lightweight so the kid will not have trouble using it.
- Available in different colors like blue, orange, red, yellow and green
- Has non-slip scratch body pattern design which gives kids a comfortable grip.
- Features multi-layered red broadband coating technology for more realistic views
- Works well even at night
6. Outnowtech Ultra Compact Folding child binoculars
When you are looking for a kid’s binocular, you should highly consider the weight of the binocular. A kid requires a lightweight binocular that they can use with ease and for many hours. In this case, the Outnowtech Ultra Compact Folding Binoculars is one of the most lightweight binoculars on the market. It weighs less that one pound and folds easily to fit in your pocket. This yellow and black binocular is best suited for hiking, sports and camping and other outdoor events.
- Lightweight binoculars which is easy to carry for all outdoor activities.
- Has an adjustable width folding system that fits both adult and kids eye spacing.
- Designed with BAK4 roof prism 10x power and a 25mm objective lens.
- It is weatherproof with a great housing. It has a rubberized shell to provide maximum protection.
- Superior optics and quality hinges.
7. Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars
Are you in search of a kid-friendly binocular that will encourage your young explorer into nature and bird watching? The Educational Insights GeoSafari Jr. Kidnoculars is a nice piece that is specifically made for toddlers and kids. The binocular encourages fun, exploration and it is built to last. No need to worry when your kid drops it down because it is kid-tough. This kid-friendly binocular is designed with large and comfy eye-pieces to suit little users.
- It is focus-free for little users.
- Features more than 3 times the size of other eyepieces and mdash.
- It is kid-tough for durability.
- Ideal for studying plants and animals.
- Allows kids to examine nature in dazzling detail.
- Has easy placement goggles and breakaway neck strap.
8. Attcl® Beetle Mini Tough Children Binoculars
Binoculars are great instruments that help us get a clear focus on different objects. The Attcl® Beetle Mini Tough Binoculars is a nice model that you can pick for your kid to enrich their outdoor activities. This binocular has a nice beetle design that makes it child-friendly. It feels very sturdy when little explorers are using it, thanks to its high-quality design. Get these optics for your kid and make adventures fun and exciting. Children will get the opportunity to see nature closer and in a clear and detailed manner.
- It has comfort foam hand-grips.
- Features sturdy carrying straps that make transportation easy.
- Has 5×30 power crystal clear optics.
- Designed with soft rubber eye cups that is gentle on children.
- It is adjustable and rugged.
- It is lightweight.
9. BlueCabi 6x21mm Children Binoculars by Bresser
When it comes to outdoor events and activities, there are so many that you can engage your child. Whether they love hiking, boat rides, hunting sports game, star gazing or any other activity, a nice binocular for kids like the BlueCabi 6x21mm can make their moments memorable. This is a durable binocular with a shockproof rubber material for an extended use. It is lightweight, and this makes it a perfect choice for little adventure lovers.
- Rubber coated 6x magnification.
- It is compact and lightweight.
- Has 21mm objective lens diameter.
- Comes with accessories like nylon carry bag, strap, cleaning cloth and belt loop.
- Quality optical glass for bird watching.
How to Select Kids Best Binoculars
Don’t just buy your child any binocular. The best children binocular are designed for small hands use. There are several factors that you should check when you are buying the binocular so that your child gets the best optics to enjoy outdoor adventures. The factors include the following:
Just like buying binoculars for adults, you should also consider the magnification of the kid’s binoculars. The magnification of a binocular indicates how much objects will appear.
If you are heading for an outdoor adventure with your baby, it is important if you look for a binocular for kid’s that has enough magnification to help them see objects that are far away with ease. A binocular with a magnification of 2x to 8x is ideal for kids.
You want the small birder to enjoy long hours of bird watching so the binocular should be lightweight. Choosing a binocular that is heavy can keep the baby uncomfortable and hence ruin the whole outdoor experience.
Binoculars for kids are designed with different materials that determine their weight. Always compare the weight of different binoculars so that you can pick a perfect product that will help them have fun outdoors.
Binoculars do not come in one standard size. There are many varieties out there that you can choose depending on the outdoor activity. The size of the binocular highly determines how comfortable the child will be when using it.
If you pick a large sized binocular, it might not fit your child properly because they have small hands. Always test and see if the binocular fits them well to help them enjoy using it.
Field Of View
This is another vital consideration when picking the best binocular for kids. A binocular with a wide field of view makes it easier for the child to locate their targets. On top of that, it makes it very simple for the child to have a great view on fast moving objects.
- The price
- Inter-papillary distance
- Recommended age
- Quality of the binocular
Types Of Binoculars
Binoculars can look the same from a glance, but one model might differ a lot as compared to the other. Whether you are buying binoculars for toddlers, preschoolers, young grade preschoolers or pre-teens, it is important to understand the types of binoculars that are present.
Basically, there are two common types of binoculars which include roof prism binoculars and porro prism binoculars. Roof prism binoculars feature a straight line alignment, and this makes them compact and streamlined.
The eyepiece and the objective lens of the binocular line up with each other. The advantage of this type o binocular is that they are easy to carry which makes them perfect for sporting events and long walks.
Porro prism binoculars, on the other hand, feature an objective lens and eyepiece which are not in line. The advantage of these binocular types is that they produce high-quality images because the objective lenses are spaced wide apart. The binoculars are also cheap as compared to roof prism.
Most kids love doing what their parents do. As a parent, you should encourage them especially if there are some educational values that they will learn. If you love bird watching and other outdoor activities, you can take your kids along so that you can enjoy the whole experience together. Get them the best binoculars for kids, and this will make them enjoy the beautiful wonders of nature.
The above binoculars will surely be suitable for any little enthusiast who is into bird watching and other outdoor activities. The above binoculars provide the best magnification, quality features, and most importantly they come at affordable prices.
Last update on 2021-01-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API